Monday, October 15, 2012
Nesting at Yoke: Halloween Bucket List Monday (and other stuff)
Halloween is like 2 weeks away.
Very scary, considering most of my Halloween decorations are in bins in the basement.
So this Monday, October something or other, I bring you:
My Halloween Bucket List.
The disclaimers: I am pregnant. I have two children. A giant dog. A husband who rides a bike. And somehow I've managed to accumulate 800 jobs. Ever since The Ring, I don't like horror movies.
1. Go Pumpkin Picking (done! hurrah. The girls and I hit up Springdale Farms in Voorhees one day after school and Lily selected a 30-pounder. Obviously.)
2. Get a hay bale (Lily made me put this in. I am not committed)
3. Head to the Count's Halloween Spooktacular at Sesame Place! Our family adores Sesame and their seasonal celebrations are nothing short of amazing. I can't wait to take the girls in costume to celebrate. My girls love the rides (nothing too scary for my gentle hearted loves). On October 26 and 27, you can celebrate the season with the Count's Halloween Party in the Character Dining. Can't wait! (and stay tuned for pictures, reviews and news about the special events for A Very Furry Christmas!)
4. Backyard campfire with s'more, pumpkin seeds and some kid friendly ghost stories/songs. Our favorite Halloween song is Five Little Pumpkins.
5. Enjoy being Room Mom for two schools, Daisy Troop Leader and yoga teacher by celebrating the season with some super fun treats I found on Pinterest and Halloween Yoga (downdog is transformed into Werewolf; Warrior II becomes a witch on a broom).
Happy October! Happy Halloween!
PS What I'm reading this week: Iced by Carol Higgins Clark. I adore a good mystery--the first book I ever read on my own was The Secret Garden and then I quickly progressed into the Nancy Drew series. When I about 12, my Dad introduced me to Mary Higgins Clark and I was hooked. Now, her daughter, Carol, has a fabulous (and fun!) mystery series. Iced is the third. An easy, fun read: I will totally be back for more!
PPS I have oodles of stuff to post this week. And a GREAT giveaway going on, so ENTER!! It is for a book that I am quoted in (really!).
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment